The Weddington Swim and Racquet Club WAHOO Swim Team competes in Division I of the Greater Charlotte Swim League (GCSL).
- The summer swim season begins in mid-May with daily afternoon practices
- Practices switch to the mornings when the school year ends
- There are 8 opportunities to race in a meet during the season
- Our first meet is a Time Trial, held at our pool. Its purpose is to give every swimmer an opportunity to record a time for each event
- We have 6 dual meets on Monday and Thursday evenings in June where we compete with one of the other Division I GCSL teams
- For those who qualify, there is a final ALL-STAR meet where all seven Division I teams compete. This season the All-Star meet is scheduled for Sunday July 14, 2019.
The summer swim season typically begins in mid-May with afternoon practices. Practices switch to the mornings when the school year ends.
|Age Group||Afternoon Practice
|8 & under||4:00pm - 4:45 pm||11:00am - 11:45am|
|9 - 12||4:45pm - 5:45pm||10:00am - 11:00am|
|13 & over||5:45pm - 6:45pm||9:00am - 10:00am|
* subject to change
- Current members in good standing of the Weddington Swim and Racquet Club are eligible to join the WAHOO swim team
- We do not require try-outs to join the team, but swimmers must be able to swim 25 meters unassisted to compete in a meet
- A swimmer may only swim for one GCSL team, regardless of Division
- Registration fees include practices, meet participation, a team T-shirt and a latex swim cap for each swimmer
- Fees are:
- First swimmer - $75
- Second swimmer - $55
- Third swimmer - $30
Age Group Assignment
- Age Groups are based on the swimmer's age on May 31, 2019
- A swimmer will remain in that age group the entire season, regardless of a mid-season birthday
Additional MEET Information
At a dual meet, each swimmer may swim a maximum of 3 individual events. The WAHOO coaching staff will determine if a swimmer's stroke is legal before entry in an event.
Individual Medley Meters
|Breaststroke Meters||Butterfly Meters|
|6 & Under||25||*||*||*||*|
* As strokes are mastered, 6 & Under swimmers may swim in the 7-8 age group events.